A holiday with a purpose….
Have you always wanted to volunteer where you are really needed and at the same time experience a culture and environment very different from your own? If so, Bethel Home and Bethel Learning Centre is the place for you.
What volunteer opportunities are available?
- Helping to teach English
- Building projects
- Helping out when staff at the orphanage need a break
- Assisting to establish new programs
- Office work
- Children’s programs
- Helping with Tent Crusades / VBS
When is help needed?
Some opportunities are time specific (ie. a building project) but other ones can be carried out whenever you can fit it into your schedule and the Director in Kenya is agreeable to that time.
How much does it cost?
All costs are your responsibility. (You may need to do fundraising on your own to assist with your costs. Upon approval of the Board of Directors you will be eligible for a tax receipt for the money you pay for air fare, immunization and entry visa upon Board approval.)
- Air fare to Kenya is approximately $1600 but varies with the time of the year
- The immunization assessment, required needles and malaria pills are approximately $200
- Extra health insurance
- Food in Kenya – approximately $50/week
Sight-seeing opportunities are many! Here are a few examples:
- Maasai Mara National Reserve (www.maasaimara.com) is situated in southwest Kenya- 234 km. from Kisumu and 270km. from Nairobi. This is considered one of Africa’s greatest wildlife reserves.
- Nairobi National Park is 10 minutes from the center of the city.
- Kisumu Impala Sanctuary is located in Kisumu, on the banks of Lake Victoria.
How do I become involved?
If you are interested download this international-volunteer-form
and send it to email@example.com
or mail to Box 778, Stonewall, MB R0C 2Z0.
If you have further questions, email Cathy at firstname.lastname@example.org (it is cathryn underscore mary) or ask any of the Board Members.
Remember this is a Christian organization and your behavior must reflect our standards.